Sunday, May 17, 2009

An early spring, you say?

April 23, 1993 had the earliest spring end which
recorded the last freezing temp for the summer.
On the flip side, June 8th in year 1919 had the
latest date of last freezing temperature for the
summer. I'm only stating records for the fine
Bowl of Anchorage, you understand. There are
a lot of charts, graphs, and files pertaining to
serious weather studies available online for
viewing current and past weather patterns.
What do they all mean? Where does our
current pattern fit in to these studies?
I HAVE NO IDEA!!
All I'm saying is, at this point, spring has
a very pretty ring and I have been enjoying
the hills and fields turning green at a fast pace.
Like they are super charged with this chemical:

(what is it - by the way of pop quiz?)

I suppose what I'm driving at is that we should
enjoy what warmth we are receiving from an
early onset of summer and get those plants in
the garden
for what seemingly could be one
of the longest growing seasons our state has
seen in decades. If ever was a year to try
your luck at gardening, this be it.
Part of the reason I haven't been here much.



0 opinionated prattle:

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter