Sunday, February 08, 2009

Out of my life, my wish 'til the end


is to continue to know more
like you, my friend.

Wherever life's road takes
a seeming sharp bend,
I know you would have a
helping hand to lend.

Of people I've known who
helped my heart mend,
make life worth every
minute I spend.

A place in my thoughts
for even you, friend,
to be in my heart
where memories blend.

Each person I've known
are part of life's wend.
To hold all the memories,
my heart must distend.

I know upon you my
needs can depend.
For you to have comfort
is all I intend.

Life's got some kinks
and hard times impend,
but it's people I know
help my heart contend.

To those who are here,
this poem has been penned.
To those that I miss,
I'll see in the end.

j r mclay



3 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

I surely do hope that you are recording your works in some other location than the web, like a book for the future. Well written, meaningful, and beautiful insight.

That being said, you did scare me when I opened your site, I knew that I had a good, long, early morning nap but I did not realize that I slept through the remainder of February, March, April, May, June and July. I was shocked to find out that it was August already. I missed the entire King Salmon season.

Stan Harrington said...

How silly of me, I was just sitting here waiting to watch the Pro-Bowl and it donned on me why I was so confused. You changed your date format to a military format so it really is 8-2-09 and not 2-8-09! After reviewing your earlier posts, I guess you have always maintained that type of date format so forget this comment I must have been groggy from my long nap. Time for another and I am sure that the Pro Bowl will easily induce that.

john r mclay said...

I remember you mentioning that date thing before. Just to keep feeble-minded readers from straying into a timeless zone, the dates will be reformatted.
Hope you can get some rest.

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter