Saturday, December 22, 2007

Some poems I found ...

Christmas Long Ago
A Christmas Poem by Jo Geis

Frosty days and ice-still nights,
Fir trees trimmed with tiny lights,
Sound of sleigh bells in the snow,
That was Christmas long ago.

Tykes on sleds and shouts of glee,
Icy-window filigree,
Sugarplums and candle glow,
Part of Christmas long ago.

Footsteps stealthy on the stair,
Sweet-voiced carols in the air,
Stocking hanging in a row,
Tell of Christmas long ago.

Starry nights so still and blue,
Good friends calling out to you,
Life, so fact, will always slow...
For dreams of Christmas long ago.



By Cornelius Lyons

What does Santa bring for daddies,

Too old to want a toy?

Wallets, watches, ties, and sweaters

Don’t make for much joy.

What do daddies want for Christmas,

Really, in their hearts?

So perfect that they’d shriek like kids

Once the shredding starts?

Oh, Daddy! Is there anything

You want beneath the tree?

Other than, of course, to watch

Me open gifts for me?

7 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

Nice find! Both poems were great and I can really relate to to both of them. Found a great recipe for Egg Grog! We can try the recipe out on Christmas day, so keep and eye open in Wrongway store or Oscar Meyers as to when milk and eggs go on sale, I need 98 gallons of milk and 48 dozen large AA eggs, my recipe calls for a serving for 400 people. It did not list how much grog we would need, but I estimate four cases of rum.

john r mclay said...

Bean's would love it.

Stan Harrington said...

Heidi, is this yur next move - check mate!

Stan Harrington said...

Come south for snow boarding opportunity, snowing hard, time to plow but have snow advisory out calling for 4 to 8 inches today, south from A.P. I will go ahead and groom the slopes. As soon as I can shovel my way out to the plow truck.

Shana said...

I will not say what Josh just said about that snow....and the fact that his snow machine is DEAD. But I will say that we may have to freeze some of that egg grog until Memorial weekend...and someone else better supply the toilet paper at my house on Christmas.

Shana said...

Great poems...so daddy...read that one again and let me tell you Merry Christmas. I will have the cookies and candy out for Santa....but what would the dad who had everything want for Christmas if he could have anything? I really want to know.

Stan Harrington said...

For a dad who has everything, well needless to say I would want my entire family to enjoy good health with no medical problems, happiness, and unity. As far as material items, I would like to have $4,000,000 in tax free cash. Then I could give each of my children and their families $1,000,000 each - other than that I am quite content at being a father, grandpa, great grandpa, and the coveted title of Grand Poopah!

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter