Tuesday, June 19, 2007

From the big city...



Just one of the roses in front of the building. My goal would be to go see a big
rose garden of many colors and sizes while here. I love to doodle roses, but
could never sketch them as nature does. The computer has directions, as well,
in case I forget how to power up.






Any idea(s) what
breed of flowering
tree this is that looks a lot like a
rose flower? This particular tree
is about 15 ft. tall, 12 ft. across,
and has a dozen flower buds on
it - and a few in full bloom.






Yesterday Tay took quite a few steps with the help
of paralell bars and a walker - the PT was impressed (me, too).

Today we see the PT, do some stepping for training,
do our best to figure a schedule out for everything here,
and find how much time is left to play/sight-see. Being on a hill (no matter where
we go, I imagine) It would be a truckload of motivation to push a wheelchair more
than a few miles. Down is good, but...

6 opinionated prattle:

Anonymous said...

The tree almost looks like a gardenia, but I didn't know that they greq that big.

Hurrah for Tay, maybe pt will go much faster than expected.

My prayers are with both of you. Maybe you'll come home with a lot more muscle than you left with, John.

Love, hugs and kissesssssssssss!
Mom

Heidi said...

If you get to the Rose Garden, I will be sooo jealous. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

Glads Tay's doing so well give her my love.

Shana said...

Tay I am happy for you. Hope your keeping your chin up and smiling. I pray that there is little discomfort for you through out all this. John your mom may be right...Janette...everything grows bigger in Oregon...my first thought was a rohdodendrum of some sort...but I think their flowers grow in bunches making them look like one big flower...

john r mclay said...

The flowers on said tree are about 7-8 inches across the full blooms. The flower buds are about 5" tall, and 2" in diameter. On a side note, the ALDER trees (same leaves and cones, mind you) I've seen here are as large as 18" at the base, and 40 ft. tall - could be a very large gardenia pictured....
Tay is stiff and spastic, today, with exhaustion at the top of the energy problem(s). A trooper, no less.
I have little doubt that she will get her "game" back on, tomorrow.

RangerBill574 said...

Does she need an amp energy drink?

john r mclay said...

She refused me buying her an amp - said,"Not the same as from Uncle Bill."

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter