Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Too many recipes!

I have taken into consideration the opinions and comments of a few of my loyal readers and am trying to decide the best option for our little frogs – once they’re full grown, that is. I have already introduced a little soy to the ecosystem, and increasing the amount at each water exchange, to “pre-season” the upcoming feast. There is a multitude of frog leg recipes to find on-line – one as mouth-watering as the next. My favorite, to this point, is “Smoked, breaded frog legs – deep fried”.

Anyone who knows how I cook is aware of how I MUST tamper with recipes (ever-so-slightly) to adjust to taste.


All I need, now, is to wait for them to grow up and – only then will I heat the oil. Maybe a Buffalo I know has a good deep – frying method. He’ll probably need a big fire, though…

8 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

Unknown to many, the entire frog is edible. Each years millions of frogs are harvested for their legs only and the body meat thrown away. I learned as a child, if you take a straw, insert the straw into an orifice, I prefer the mouth opening rather than the other end. Blow (do not suck)slowly into the straw and their stomachs will swell at least three times their normal size. If you turn them loose at this point, it is fun to watch them attempting to swim but that is not the subject at hand. Once they have increased to an enmlarged size, open their mouths with your thumb and fore finger and gently stuff their stomach with a wild rice stuffing, a little mushroom and chives for taste. Place the frog on their back in a micro wave dish and cook on high for 6.5 minutes. Allow a couple of minutes to cool and the skin will easily peel off, exposing the meat with a taste and texture similar to chicken. It is best served with a nice green salad of water crest and bamboo shoots with a glass of Chardonay.

Heidi said...

EWWWWWWWWW ....Yuck!!!

Heidi said...

EWWWWWWWWW ....Yuck!!!

Stan Harrington said...

I will assume fromt he last two postings, you do not like my recipe? Or, were you copying his word verification?

Heidi said...

NO i had to make sure that everyone knows that I will NOT eat my baby frogs.

Shana said...

not in a box, or with a fox, in the rain or on a train...why wont you eat your froggies brains???
oh ya they dont have none...but I think the straw idea would be good if you could somehow leave the straw and attach it to a smoker...smoke the little dude from the inside out....mmmmmm

Stan Harrington said...

At least I beat Heidi to this site, she has the advantage as she only uses oner liner comments - I have never been to a site that I couldnot find something to prattle about - sometimes I just like to prattle on and on even thopughht it has nothing to do with the subject. I have also discovered that it is easier to comment than blog, not as many hoops to jump through and you can still say pretty much what you want. I really like you site because there is always so much room for comments that you can just prattle on and on, knowing that eventualyy you aere going to have to read them Heidi, is right behind me, got go,

Heidi said...

Hey i found you

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter