Friday, May 12, 2006

Do you know someone in Venezuela?


The price of gas in the US is becoming a hinderance to travel this year. I know that dividends will show the earnings from oil investment - providing our Governor hasn't clawed his way into THAT, also. I would argue with him in person, but we all know he packs a concealed weapon - and doesn't need a license to do so. Regardless, the AK dividend probably won't cover the extra expense of fueling our hot rods for the summer if we make longer trips than to CARRS and back. I see a lot of bicycles this year.

If we could import just enough fuel for Memorial day weekend from Venezuela (12 US cents per gallon), we could afford to eat about anything our hearts desire - even REAL Ball Park Franks - and, SPAM! I know Alfred would work on these prices if he held office. Don't forget to vote next election!

6 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

How old is Alfred? He has been around for alot of years. Do they still publish the "Mad" magazine? Agree with the gas prices, definitely going to have an impact all summer. It will be interesting to see if it affects the summer "visitor" season. Have already seenthe inpact on charter pricves going up to deflect the extra cost of fuel. Might just be cheaper, once you get here for Memorial Week, for you to leave the family here all summer and commute by air. Just like a slope worker, fly up to LA on Monday morning and fly back on Friday evening. I would pick you up at the airport! My best tgywowph to you to!

Heidi said...

I like that idea!!! Happy tymfv to you!!!

john r mclay said...

I remember this poster from 20 years ago. Senseless humor? Flying could be cheaper...

Stan Harrington said...

Although, I do not know when, but I am sure I remember Alfred when I was a teenager - so he lust be at least 80 years old! Wouldhave been a great trivia picture! srmhzjc to you to!

Heidi said...

Ever ask JD who he votes for president?

Shana said...

My sister live at the Hole in the Wall ALL summer...ya right....but I would so watch out you may have two in that pit all summer....hbpwd...I hope.

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter