Thursday, May 21, 2009

We don't rent pigs! (or birds)




Two entities that keep track of different flus and viruses
that affect our fine country:

The U.S. WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories
(World Health Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory
and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS))




"WHO" does that make "NERVOUS"?

Swine flu has taken a few people this year but, if
you look at past records, through the 1990's there
were (averaged) 36,000 deaths per year related
to flu viruses in the U.S., alone.
Most of these cases were not listed as importance
of a killer flu, but underlying health related
issues instead. If the flu gets me, I don't want that
listed in obituaries, mentioned as my weak demise,
or written on my tombstone, okay?

Frankly, I would rather be eaten by a bear.
Let's just hope the Peninsula Polar Pig virus
has run it's course before this weekend...

0 opinionated prattle:

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter