Monday, January 19, 2009

Spring is inevitable, but not sprung


As this would be almost a week
running, the high temperatures have
melted most of the entire blanket of
snow that covered the back yard.
Gutters will be free of the ice dam
by tomorrow, I reckon. It must be
time to start a new sheet of snow
unless it really IS time for spring.
We are NOT ready for "Spring Soup
Trauma
", yet. I want that crap covered!
I plan on working tonight from
8 PM on (?), so half of the day
I spent pacing the house. Now it
is time to eat. Had a difficult time
deciding what to make for dinner
until I started a fire to rid our storage
area(s) of 1999 tax, and other papers,
and determined whatever it is should
involve bacon!

Due to the USA's
love of such a fine meat product,
finding a recipe on line proved an
easy task. I, then, chose something
completely different. No, not SPAM -
LEFTOVERS AGAIN!
Our kids are so abused...


4 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

You know much better than to expect "spring" anytime soon. I am surprised that we have not had a major dump of snow, it will come. Did not realize you were working nights, I referred a call to you today from a good friend. I figured if anyone could help with information, you would be the best source. I guess my reference was not needed since she asked if I thought you could help her find that in which she seeks. Would appreciate it if you would throw everything into the matter including the kitchen sink if needed. I was delighted to see that you were still posting in the official language of our great nation. Coffee will be on at 4:00 a.m., not going to miss the circus that will transpire today. At a minimum, you would think that they would let the kids be out of school today, what is one more day?

john r mclay said...

I didn't get a call from your buddy, but would be happy to help. In other regards - the kids, maybe, deserve a 6-day weekend shortly after the new year turns. Me - on the other hand (like a good tool) went to work.
I'm glad you recognize our native tongue, also.

Stan Harrington said...

Hey, don't expect a call from me, why would I call you. Someone else will be calling you in regards to information. I almost called you this morning, just so you would not miss the action. slipped off to sleep at midnight, set the alarm for 2:00 am and for the following 12 hours, I watch the Inauguration Ceremonies. As the incoming President and guests fed on Pheasant, Duck, and Seafood chowder, I munched on the last of the Christmas fudge, after thirty days it is finally gone without ever having to be frozen. Now, that I have a concept of the shelf life, it is time to make several fresh batches and prepare it for shipment to Afghanistan and the troops.

Friar Tuck said...

People were talking about the need to water lawns here in Colorado. Crazy.

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter