How well do you remember what our past
presidents and present candidates have said?

"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --
but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush, US President


Enough picking on GW, though.

"It's probably better to have him inside the tent

pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in."
~Lyndon B. Johnson~


You know that
a lot (guessing 50%) of the words from speeches
and statements made by Presidents and
candidates are, really, just filler. Our language
helps out with making some of (if not all)
the longest, most boring speeches known to
man. Reason seems only to be half of it at best.
A lot of things said probably sounded good at
overview before speaking, but came out
sounding all wrong or just plain senseless:

"They are driving on our roads. The possibility of them
having an accident that harms themselves or others
is just a matter of the odds."
~Hillary Clinton~

Barack Obama seems to have the most eloquent
writers of the bunch because it is difficult to find
senseless redundancy in his speaking - at least not
to the great amounts by others. I think they're
starting to run out of material, though.

One more (sensible) quote:

"No good writer, however eloquent, can possibly
survive a two-year presidential campaign."

2 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

Really appreciate you turning me onto the presentation (reason link) of Thomas Hobbs, "Of Reason
and Science". I read through it rather quickly to get the context of it, I did print it out for future reading. Perhaps, we can sit around the fire pit this summer and discuss it in greater detail. It is not many written articles that will loose me in the first paragraph but this one lost me in the first sentence, at least I think it was a sentence, perhaps it will be easier to fully comprehend after a few rum and cokes, if not, I will wait until the "fire pit chat" and you can explain it to me in full detail. The other altrernative would be to wait until it comes out on video.

Shana said...

prattle, ramble, da da da da da....in other words....the English language deludes me now....hehe

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter