Sunday, April 15, 2007

Not even THINKING the "S" word...

Since the warming trend, I realize that the electrical situation at the ice rink has become hazardous. Probably due to the lack of budget for design and qualified linemen were not hired for the construction. Apparently it was only warrantied 'til thaw.

Had to demo' the power poles and lights today. I, also, cleaned up what was sticking out of the yard. You wouldn't believe what was found!

Can anyone say "metallica"?

I found 6 of my favorite shovels (if you count the sandbox shovel IN the ice rink(below)) and 1 broom. I remember saying, "Cool fort! Did you put the shovels away?" and "Where is that ONE shovel? You know - THAT one!?". My Dad makes more sense - all of a sudden.


I even found Donald's Easter egg. I can't believe he got the prize, anyway - lowering standards so everyone's a winner (rumor is that it was Josh's egg).

5 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

Looks like you even found "Burley", that is to funny - I can't believe you still have that much snow remaining, our yard is almost clear with no surprises since each fall we go throiugh a check off list and account for all inventoried items - we did miss one bocci ball but Dutch found that right after the first snow. Although, I am finding a lot of treasures while closing down the video store, like 23 shot gun cases that have been stored inthe attic about the aparmtent for the past ten years. Just like Christmas! Anyone need a "leg of mutton"? Up to you to figure out what that is!

VA said...

Is there an original post somewhere describing the initial construction? Looks like this was a very cool winter project.

Stan Harrington said...

I agree, when something in the past is mentioned it should be "linked"!

john r mclay said...

..link lookers...

Shana said...

hey I thought I left a post here...guess it ran away...

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter