Saturday, January 27, 2007

She was right.

Heidi jumped on the right answer first, but she knows I'm a copper fanatic. You would be, too, if you owned that giant nugget. Imagine - at the scrap yard at $1.67 per lb - just over $9,093 ! We might need to start mining the HITWRA . The Buffalo already softened a good area to start the mine entrance.
FACT:
Several bacteria, known to be human pathogens, die within hours when placed on copper alloy surfaces. In contrast, these same organisms can live for days on stainless steel surfaces. Copper would be this "man's" kitchen.

Copper has also been proven good for your skin - helping stimulate tissue regeneration.
The Egyptians were wearing makeup as early as 4000 BC with a lot of colors derived from copper.
Beside the worth of metal, copper is a valuable part of our entire structure - right down to a nutrient our bodies need.

..but now I'm just getting too serious..

7 opinionated prattle:

Heidi said...

I really like the counter tops...can I have some? I think it wold go with the blue really nice.

Stan Harrington said...

I have often contemplated as to the exact melting point of copper and why does it not melt when used in high voltage electrical transmission lines. My uncles worked in one one of the largest open pit copper minds inthe world at Bagdad, Arizona. When I visited them as child, I remember the copper ore was green in color - what turns it into the reddish brown copper color or are there additives to make copper more appealing in color? How safe are these additives and what affect does it have on our natural environment and global warming. According to my survey, it is unlikely that you will find any copper ore at the HITWRA, however, it was originally excavated by the owner in search for gold. Hw was convinced that a vein of gold followed the entire ridge line - perhaps with just a little more digging, Arnie could be proven right.

john r mclay said...

Where there is gold, copper usually exists as well. And - no - there are no additives for color. Green is the natural OXIDE color - not the metal state. Copper ore can be red, brown, green, purple, etc. depending on it's variety (what form it is in with other minerals).

Princess Sarah said...

hey lets get our pennies together...we could build an awsome kitchen

Heidi said...

I agree with Sarah.

john r mclay said...

I we could get a train to run over approximately 6,000 pennies, we could paste them...

real eyez said...

I wonder what the keep up would be on that counter? I mean you would HAVE to get a buffer...

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter