Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Something Missing

For those of you who sit with few
for dinner on this day,
Know in part you're in my heart
and will be come what may.
I'm grateful for life, my loving wife,
my family that extends,
a great career, a tall cold beer,
acquaintances and friends.
I'll sit and spin a lazy grin
with a meal inside my core,
but speak no lie, I'll think of pie
to then be filled some more.
And then to nap (if you're such a chap)
before a ball game's through.
Deep thought within to fuel the grin,
I'll sit and think of you.

~ john r mclay~

(Yes. This IS mine AND original!)

Missing those who are dear to me and wishing
a relaxing, delicious day for all of you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

on the side: A cautiously cute surprise this morning
was my pair of Nicaraguan cichlids have
started a family with a few hundred eggs.



The oscar, Sid (fishus), wants to go look
at the eggs, and maybe try a few, but the
parents will have nothing of the sort. And the
male is quite a force to reckon with when it
comes to family matters. Me too, I guess.




2 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

For some reason, I thought I would see a poem coming from you once again. Nicely written. Congratulations on your new brood, are you going to protect them until they spawn or harvest them for fishing the lake?

john r mclay said...

got'em on pro-cure as we speak =&

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter