Sunday, November 26, 2006

She should've had rocket skates.

Well, my Sis made it to Squarebanks and back with trailer in tow - full of furniture, etc.
She didn't break my truck OR have issues through Cantwell. You should ask her about thawing a trailer hitch with hot water - and what size of hammer the trailer owner/rentor had to use to free it from the truck. Good stuff, homey.
I/we happened to have company over for the evening, and, already with a beer in me, I chose to let her unload her own stuff. She did pull into LA a couple of hours later than expected. Couldn't talk her into staying for eats when she dropped the truck off (powered ONLY by the need for her wittle doggie back). We DID abuse her dog, Lacey - subject to dachsunds, and all.
The company we kept was great for the nite, though, and would be invited anytime.

3 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

You mean to tell me, after your own sister driving all those miles, towing a trailer, sub zero weather and you did not offer to help her unload? After all she is just a girl, you should have offered to help! When one of my sisters comes to visit me, I always help her to load up to leave, I even get up at 3 a.m., put on my headlight and install a "bump alarm" system on her truck. Youy have always offered to help me load or unlaod when I come up to LA, why would you not offer the same assistacne to your sister? Have a good haujptgn evening.

john r mclay said...

I know! I'm a heel! Your daughter promised to go help when they got back around 2, 3 pm, but lacked incentive around 6 - when they called from Lake Otis/ Tudor.

Heidi said...

I promised but that was at 2 or 3 in the afternoon .... I couldn't leave when she needed me...I was hosting a party....

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter