Monday, November 20, 2006

As I was going to St. Ives...

No matter WHAT the sister-being says, I DIDN'T DO IT! I was a sane, safe, attentive driver to Squarebanks - and back! NO! I didn't let her drive! Have you heard of her trips and adventures on that road?! You would expect that I would (for the relief), except that her record should do it's own speaking in the matter. We never even spoke the name of her "favorite" town (link contains info about the community, except that flesh-eating mutants live there) on the way north. We called it the "C" word. And if you hear Valette complain about me drinking Guiness for dinner, she probably forgot to explain that she made me eat a jalepeno burger at Brewster's with hot sauce AND pepper jack cheese. I simply HAD to cool the spice with a thick, dark brew (which I didn't even make her buy).


In 37 years, I had not driven to Fairbanks until last weekend. I should think it's an accomplishment worthy of not re-running - no problems thru' Cantwell, and all - except, maybe, a colorful fall scene and a picture of Skinny Dick's (I guess EVERYBODY takes a picture of the inn but ME.
There is a bridge over one canyon with a wind sock - should that scare us, we should not be Alaskans!
The road trip was, in fact, uneventful - aside from the wildlife.





Have YOU seen a polar bear beside the highway?




Notice the wolf?





Can you find the caribou in the scene?

6 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

Sounds like fun, really enjoyed all the wildlife pictures - they were so clearly detailed as if you used some type of super zoom lens on oyour Kodak Brownie. I made that trip once but did not see any wildlife, of course I was only driving at 55 so they must only come out when they see someone ripping up the road at 98. Glad that you are both safely back in the confines of the city.

Stan Harrington said...

Isn't it strange, you sneak away on a get a way weekend, but when you get home, you stay busy for a week catching up on what you missed for two days. Bet those of you inthe Plumma business are loving these cold tempereatures. Lot's of trouble calls - I thought I was going to have to call you, tried to water the lawn the other day and my garden hose froze up - I did manage to gety it thawed out with my propane torch, it really works great as a sprinkler hose now.

john r mclay said...

And - WHAT are you smoking?!

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures - did'nt see any animals - but very good pictures.

john r mclay said...

You can see the wolf (silouhette), but the others are ficticious. Happy Thanksgiving.

Stan Harrington said...

What do you mean ficticious - I see them! Would you quit tormenting your mother!

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter