There has been some theories about the violence of people, today, being caused by movies and cartoons of the past. Having grown up on "good" cartoons, I have no violent bone in my body. Watching 'toons like Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry did not make me a violent and angry person.


These were good, wholesome shows and many Saturday morns' were filled with them until Mother said, "Put some clothes on instead of jammies and do your chores!"
We, I suppose, had just assumed it was not right to shoot at each other, throw axes , or toss each other from a bluff (in hopes that some ACME invention would save the day). However, there is a few people from my generation who deemed it necessarily so to do these horrid things. We just LAUGHED!

3 opinionated prattle:

Stan Harrington said...

I do have to agree, even atthe age of 6 to 13, although I saw the cartoon characters let Acme dyamite blow up in their hands, I never tried it and as far as I know, none of my little friends ever tried it. Although, I did try rolling a boulder down a hill when one of my brothers was running through the gully - missed him but the concept was good, he was moving as fast as the Roadrunner. Back then, we did not even have WV, we have come a long hzenks way in technology but we still giggle at a good cartoon!

john r mclay said...

I never held dynamite, either. Not even the duds. I DID always want a rocket car like Wiley's, though! And be able to order about anything - same minute delivery - the mind could come up with in a box(ACME).

Princess Sarah said...

I loved all of the old cartoons, now days you really have to pay attention to what the meaning behind it all is

Post a Comment

If you feel the incessant urge,
and your tongue is sharp and quick,
leave a worthless thought for me
whether cool, or fun, or sick.

Web Site Hit Counter